December 12, 2009

Spoiled in Whangaparaoa

I began today by waking up sprawled out in a queen-sized bed with plenty of cushy pillows. I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast with coffee, fresh fruit, muesli and yogurt, then took a dip into a warm swimming pool. I've just had a hot shower during which I fully conditioned my hair and shaved my legs, and after which I dried off using a fresh towel from a heated towel rack. I am now sitting on an open-air, wooden deck overlooking Rangitoto Island and a few of the many bays surrounding Auckland, with hot tea and a Tim Tam in hand.


I am in Whangaparaoa getting wonderfully spoiled by an extraordinarily hospitable Kiwi family, the Wotherspoons. I'm using these few days to try to catch up on emails, blog posts, photos, etc. Photos thus far into the trip have been posted to http://gallery.me.com/jessicafolkerts#gallery for your enjoyment.

For now, I must sign off to view an episode of BBC's Planet Earth on a large drop-down screen with surround sound. Life is hard.


1 comment:

  1. pictures are amazing - and you look really tan! I have started to equate tan to relaxed these days. LOL. Your stories make me SUPER happy :)

    ReplyDelete